You must have heard of folks making a great living working as a consultant, right? Have you ever wanted to learn this business and become your own boss?
Sam Ovens is a young entrepreneur who has put together Consulting Accelerator. This claims to be a six-week course which teaches you all you need to know to begin a lucrative career as a consultant. You are taught how to advertise your new business through Facebook Ads and sales techniques which he says will land you your first paying client within 42 days.
Join me while I study the course in depth and answer a question you may be thinking – is it a scam?
Consulting Accelerator by Sam Ovens – is it Legit?
If you ask me about Consulting Accelerator and say – is it legit? I will answer that I will study it, run over the pros and cons, and present you with my honest opinion about the program in my conclusion. At that point, you will be able to draw your own conclusions…
Would you like to quit your job and be your own boss? Have an easy to manage business which pays you well?
It seems impossible right now, doesn’t it?
What if I told you the way for you to do this is out there? But is it really this course by Sam Ovens?
Please keep reading while I look at the pros and cons of Consulting Accelerator and help you decide if this is the right opportunity for you…
The information you need is only a few scrolls away…
A Review of Pros & Cons of the Consulting Accelerator
In order to make an informed opinion about Consulting Accelerator, I wish to take a look at the positives and negatives associated with this course. Some of the pros are:
- It has a very strong Facebook group where Sam Ovens is an active member. This group is full of like-minded people who have faced the issues you will be looking at. They will be happy to lend you some advice on how to solve the problems that you face. Sam is often active in the group, so you can ask him direct questions about your concerns. There are also weekly question and answer sessions and you may also ask about your concerns via email. All in all, I was impressed with this.
- There is a full 14-day money back guarantee. This does seem to be a legit one. If, for whatever reason, you decide this is not the course for you a full refund is offered. This does show confidence in the product as you get to see the actual coursework before you have to decide if you will continue.
- A lot of subscribers have good things to say about the sales scripts and I agree. This is an area where Sam Ovens really does excel and I think those that find success using this program learn to utilize them properly. The sales section of this course is its strongest part in my opinion.
There are some negative points to consider also. Some of the main cons associated with this program are:
- Consulting Accelerator is not for everyone. This is no get rich quick scheme and you will not be successful without working extremely hard. You will need thick skin while you go through a learning curve. Everyone has faced frustrations when starting out in this business. The ones that thrive and become successful are those that don’t let it get to them and keep going. The question is, is that you?
- There is no actual saleable skill taught by Consulting Accelerator. The course focuses on how to get consulting jobs through Facebook Ads and the use of good sales scripts. The question then remains, what will you actually “consult” about? The promotional material stresses that this is for everyone even those with no skills or experience. This is a major weak point in my opinion, as you may be able to find jobs by learning some fancy words you are taught, but what could you possibly have to offer the client?
- A lot of the training is delegated to other people. The suspicion I have is that Sam Ovens is not particularly well trained and seems to lack knowledge about some basic marketing skills. It does make me ask myself if he hasn’t been properly trained himself, how can he be a mentor?
- The price of Consulting Accelerator is high. Although there is definitely good content contained here, the price (unless you can find an online offer with a discount) is almost $2,000. That is a lot of money to pay for a business program that doesn’t actually teach a saleable skill. Sam Ovens states that if you follow the program you will find a client to repay your investment within 42 days, but he offers no hard data to demonstrate how this is so.
- I think this course will be too much of a challenge for beginners. Despite all of the promises that “anyone can do it”, I remain unconvinced that an inexperienced person can master these sales skills, find clients and actually have something to offer to consult about… just by completing this six-week course. This does not teach the full set of skills that it claims to. Yes, with hard work and applying the techniques here you may land some clients, but there will still be gaps in your knowledge about how to successfully run your business.
I have found this course a little frustrating, there are some very good parts to it, but I keep coming back to the same point…how can you be a consultant without learning a saleable skill?
I can’t emphasize this enough!
It is a bit like sending someone into battle without a weapon! Without a saleable skill, what do you consult about?
Please keep reading while I make my final recommendation…
There is certainly a lot to be learned with Sam Ovens’ Consulting Accelerator so I would be reluctant to call it a scam. I just believe it is let down by the content that is omitted. There is really no training, or even a real recommendation, about the key elements of what to actually consult about. This is a major flaw for this course. It is unfortunate, as I do like elements of this program.
I also had other doubts about this program. Too much of the training was left for others, which made me question Sam Ovens himself. Is he as experienced and able as he portrays? The price seems way too high for something that only teaches a part of the business. For that price, I would expect everything to be covered. I also have doubts about how much use this course will be for beginners.
Bottom line? I cannot recommend Consultant Accelerator. I have too many doubts about how effective it will be. There are some valuable lessons here, especially for those who already have a saleable skill, but I feel the price is too high for what it is. I suggest you look at alternative courses before you commit to this one…