Are you looking for a program that will help you set up a successful dropshipping business? Is eCom Elites the best choice for you?
Franklin Hatchett has done a great job of promoting himself online and a simple Google search will find plenty of YouTube and other examples of his online presence. His eCom Elites course intends to help you grow your online business through dropshipping and teaches the best methods to promote using Facebook, Google, Instagram etc. He does make clear that this cannot be achieved overnight and when I began looking at his videos I decided that he speaks in an easy to understand manner and what he says makes sense. Clearly, this course is worth further investigation, so I will analyze the content and run through the pros and cons before making a conclusion as to the benefits of using this course.
The program to make your dream lifestyle happen is out there…
The question is, is it eCom Elites?
eCom Elites: Is it a Scam?
The eCom Elites course features plenty of in-depth coursework and clearly, a lot of thought has been put into it. There is enough content and there is much to be learned here as long as you put enough time and effort into studying the material. So, if you were to ask me, is it a scam? I would have to say no. It does provide the material that it claims to.
The bigger question to consider is, are the claims they make too much, and is the content really sufficient to make a difference to your business? Well, the answer to both is maybe! It needs more investigation so I will consider these points during the pros and cons section and then as part of the conclusion.
Quick Review: Pros & Cons of the eCom Elites Course
There are several impressive things about Franklin Hatchett’s eCom Elites course such as, he varies the content from simply focusing on Facebook to look at Instagram and Google marketing as well. Some of the pros for this course include:
- Franklin Hatchett has a good online presence and is particularly active on YouTube. Obviously, he won’t be giving all of his best information away for free, but there is plenty of valuable content included there. Overall his video content is one of the most impressive parts of the course and over 150 videos are included with the standard course. He has clearly spent a lot of time and effort on this aspect of the course.
- The eCom Elites course does offer reasonable value for money. It offers two different price levels for its standard and ultimate packages. When you consider the content provided, there are certainly more expensive options on the market. The standard course is a good introduction for the new dropshipper as it teaches extensively about the basics of e-commerce marketing and growing your business.
- This is a practical course and is quite straightforward to follow compared to some other courses out there. eCom Elites is a fairly wide-ranging course with little weak content. Franklin Hatchett himself is an effective speaker and clearly puts a lot of thought into what he presents, for example, he goes into search engine optimization (SEO) which is a useful (although complicated!) skill for dropshippers to learn when many other course owners would probably not bother.
As with nearly every course available nothing is perfect, so there are also some negatives to consider. Some of these include:
- eCom Elites does not devote enough time to considering the different challenges that you will face when you sell a product. It focuses too much on the marketing aspect, doesn’t teach about negotiating with buyers, and finding the right niche or problem-solving. Arguably these are all just as important as marketing!
- The 30-day money back guarantee is not all that it seems. It would be wise to read through all of the small print before you decide to commit to this product. There are terms applied such as, you must submit “proof” that you have studied at least half of the videos in the study area without downloading them and have made a reasonable attempt to advertise on Facebook and sell from your store. All of these are difficult to “prove” and are open to interpretation. It does feel like a tactic to offer a money back guarantee without it actually being obtainable.
- Online marketing and in particular Facebook Ads need to be constantly updated and changed in order to be effective, it is no easy task and requires considerable dedication. Franklin Hatchett should have made more of this point and emphasized that it is an ongoing process that is complicated to get right.
- Too much unnecessary content is featured while important factors like product selection are glossed over with just a few examples. In his attempt to provide as much value as possible some topics feel bloated with content and others underrepresented. It feels like too much is being offered to study in a short time.
- Affiliate marketing and e-commerce, in general, is made to sound too easy. This is a far more complex subject than is explained here. While a lot of content is provided, far too much is left out. There is no explanation, for example, of what to do if a supplier lets you down, how to deal with an irate client when you can’t supply the product on time, whether you should consider inventory for certain products or how to deal with customs issues.
As we have seen there are positives and negatives associated with Franklin Hatchett’s eCom Elite course, please keep reading as the conclusion is only a few scrolls away…
My feeling is that too much is glossed over. Real issues like import tariffs, inventory, the ongoing challenge of using Facebook ads and problem-solving are not properly dealt with. Although there is plenty of content, the eCom Elites course only touches on the knowledge needed to run a successful dropshipping business. His course would leave you without enough ammunition to fight in this particular business war and his claims that this program will lead to success are overstated.
I am not saying this is a poorly designed course and there is a lot to be learned from the content provided, but you should consider other options before you part with your hard earned money.
I have concluded that Franklin Hatchett is an effective speaker who presents his content well, but there is not enough overall practical and useful information to make enough of a difference to your dropshipping business, so I can not recommend this product.
Randi Lee Harper is the creator behind Good Game Auto Blocker, a tool that aims to fight harassment on social media. It had great success at helping mitigate some of the challenges in dealing with targeted harassment from online mobs, and Randi Lee Harper left her long career in the tech industry to go full-time with this. Randi Lee Harper knows she can make bigger, better things.