Have you always wanted to be a more effective salesperson? Always looking for a way to improve your sales skills?
Dan Lok has a background as a copywriter and salesman and has developed a powerful internet presence. His current sales training program called High Ticket Closer has attracted a lot of attention and features a lot of video content and “webinars”. He basically wants to teach you to be able to sell any high ticket product online, on the phone or in person.
High Ticket Closer by Dan Lok – Introduction
You may be thinking – is it legit? I will let you make your own mind up, but I will do a thorough investigation to provide you with enough information to make a valid judgment.
What is your personal dream lifestyle? Financial freedom? Saying goodbye to your boss forever?
Well, you can achieve this by hard work and finding the right training to make your business a success.
You may be thinking, there are so many courses that make claims like this. How is High Ticket Closer different and is it a scam?
View this post on Instagram
Here’s the deal…
In my opinion, there is a complete course offered here, with plenty of content, so I would say it is not a scam. It does have some philosophical points which differentiate it from other programs. I will look at the program as a whole in order to be able to conclude as to its effectiveness.
Today I am going to show you the pros and cons of the High Ticket Closer sales course and see if it is a way to help you achieve your dream.
How much does enrolling with this Course cost?
Enrolling with the High Ticket Closer will cost you quite a lot. On the Official Website of Dan Lok you will not find any information but I can tell you after my intense research that you have to pay $2,495 to gain access to the 7-week Course.
A Review of the Pros and Cons for High Ticket Closer
Let me run through the pros and cons of Dan Lok’s course.
- Dan Lok is an effective speaker and I liked a lot of his video content and “webinars”. He focuses on improving your mindset and tone when selling. I thought there was plenty to be learned here and was impressed with the way he got students of the course interacting with each other with some live roleplay.
- A lot of the content for High Ticket Closer is philosophical – a mixture of Eastern and Western ideas – and this was one way the course differentiated itself from other similar ones. He explains about understanding the mindset of the customer and how best to influence him to accept your sales pitch. His “selling without selling” concept was great. This program really did feature some interesting ways to convince buyers which are often overlooked.
- There is a High Ticket Closer “inner circle” which is a way of interacting with over 1,000 of the most successful users of this program. This can be beneficial when you need advice on issues you will face and speaking to like-minded people can be a powerful way to motivate yourself to succeed.
There are several positives to be impressed by, but I will now run through some of the cons in order to get a better overall view of this program.
- Too much of this type of material is available for free. If you look on YouTube, Instagram, online message boards etc. there is a huge amount of free training and advice when it comes to sales tactics and motivational thinking. There are even “old school” ways to learn these sales techniques – head to the library or sign up for a short course at your local college. I am not saying that the training is bad, but a lot of it is pretty generic in content.
- The price is too high and the thousands of dollar is a lot of money for someone who is trying to build a business from scratch. I do wonder if the money would be better spent on a more practical business tool. Too much of High Ticket Closer is dedicated to improving the mindset which may not be effective for everyone. I have doubts about recommending someone pay so much for something which may not be effective and practical.
- Dan Lok lacks credibility. If you look around his free YouTube videos it is hard to tell if he is a marketing or sales expert. A lot of the material blurs the lines which are a bit of a red flag. I could find no evidence to back up his claims of being rich and successful as a copywriter before selling these courses. A lot of the claims he makes just seem inauthentic.
- There is a good argument that effective salespeople are born and not made, so Dan Lok’s claims that the course is some kind of “ultimate tool” for anyone to make huge sales just doesn’t feel true to me. Selling is one of my weaker talents and while I may be able to improve my skills a bit, but experience has taught me, even the best sales programs will not turn me into a great salesperson.
- Dan Lok talks about his program so much that it becomes obvious that his real intention is just to sell courses. Of course, everyone is entitled to make a profit, but this really did feel like overkill. In my opinion, far too many of his videos and training just emphasize how great High Ticket Closer is, and how much you should buy it and sell it to others.
What’s the real story?
There are strengths and weaknesses at play here and I have analyzed this product in depth…
Join me while I make my final verdict…
High Ticket Closer by Dan Lok: Other Viewpoints
One of the things I really like about reviewing these business courses is the cross selection of views you come across.
I always begin with doing some research online and I look at a wide range of webpages. In this case I found plenty of feedback on other review sites, message boards and Facebook Groups.
Frankly some of the information was useful and some was unreliable. This was due to people making outlandish claims as they were trying to make affiliate sales. Others were downplaying this product as they were cheering a competitor. Sometimes it is difficult to know what to believe.
In my opinion, some of the most honest and informative opinions are to be found on Reddit and YouTube. I learned a lot of background about this course, so I would like to share some of these with you here:
During my research I found a very interesting video, which I recommend watching before making up your mind about Dan Lok and his Course:
I have given you my honest review, and I reached a fairly negative conclusion. That is not to say that everyone will agree with me, so I believe it is useful to spend a little time looking at some other opinions.
I hope that this proves useful to you.
High Ticket Closer – In Conclusion
Overall, I was unimpressed with the big claims Dan Lok has made about his High Ticket Closer course. There is a lack of credibility and much of the content could be found elsewhere for free. It may not be an out and out scam as it does provide a full program, but too much of it is of doubtful value.
I liked some of the presentation and the mix of eastern and western ideas but I remain unconvinced about how effective the program will prove to be.
I wanted to like High Ticket Closer, but I am left with far too many doubts. The high price and too much generic content force me to say I cannot recommend this course. You should look at better alternatives before spending your money on this!